We at Thompson Interim Professionals offer the following interview guide and resumé tips to assist you in your search for the ideal job and employer.
1. Prepare a chronological resumé.
2. Use bullet points whenever possible.
3. Describe what you did 90% of the time, not 10% of the time.
4. Describe significant accomplishments with each position held.
5. Include your specific computer, software, and conversion experience.
6. One page is good, but two pages are also fine. Someone with over ten years of experience often should have a two-page resumé.
7. Resumé paper should be of a high quality and neutral color.
8. Leave out all personal information…i.e., marital status, children, your age, etc.
9. Exceptions include professional organizations and career-related volunteer organizations.
10. Have many people proofread it to ensure correct grammar and spelling.
Get our Bi-Weekly edition of
San Diego Networking Events
"Your Strategic Partner for Accounting and Financial Consultants."
Call us at 858-452-6200 x116.